The planners behind Singapore’s upcoming Punggol Digital District are using a geographic information system (GIS) to develop better designs for buildings and facilities. GIS will enable planners to visualise the impact of their designs and existing surroundings on a 3D map. GIS will still be continued to be used even after this project for day-to-day operations. Thomas Pramotedham, CEO of Esri Singapore, said: “This capability will allow building managers to analyse patterns of use, make better decisions, and improve overall operational management”. Punggol Digital District is a business park in Singapore’s Punggol town that will serve as a living lab for cyber security, smart living and smart estates solutions which will be available from 2023.
- Speech by Mr Edwin Tong SC, Minister for Culture, Community and Youth and Second Minister for Law at the Official Launch of OneMap3D (15 September 2021)
- Welcome Message by Mr Colin Low, Chief Executive, Singapore Land Authority at the Official Launch of OneMap3D (15 September 2021)
- OneMap’s SchoolQuery Function
- Digital Twin of Kampong Glam
- Using Digital Twins for Disaster Recovery