Autonomous police robots, Matar, have been deployed at a foreign worker dormitory to ensure workers abide by safe distancing measures. The Matar was developed by the Home Team Science and Technology Agency (HTX) Robotics, Automation, and Unmanned Systems Centre of Expertise, together with ST Engineering and A*Star. These robots help police officers cover more ground and also attend to minor incidents. It can navigate autonomously and has a 360-degree camera, which covers any blind spots during patrols. The robot’s functions, such as cameras and speakers, can be controlled remotely by an operator in a command centre.
- Speech by Mr Edwin Tong SC, Minister for Culture, Community and Youth and Second Minister for Law at the Official Launch of OneMap3D (15 September 2021)
- Welcome Message by Mr Colin Low, Chief Executive, Singapore Land Authority at the Official Launch of OneMap3D (15 September 2021)
- OneMap’s SchoolQuery Function
- Digital Twin of Kampong Glam
- Using Digital Twins for Disaster Recovery