Autonomous police robots, Matar, have been deployed at a foreign worker dormitory to ensure workers abide by safe distancing measures. The Matar was developed by the Home Team Science and Technology Agency (HTX) Robotics, Automation, and Unmanned Systems Centre of Expertise, together with ST Engineering and A*Star. These robots help police officers cover more ground and also attend to minor incidents. It can navigate autonomously and has a 360-degree camera, which covers any blind spots during patrols. The robot’s functions, such as cameras and speakers, can be controlled remotely by an operator in a command centre.
- Unlocking the Value of Singapore’s Geospatial Ecosystem
- CEO of Esri Indonesia: RI has the Potential to Lead Geospatial Technology in ASEAN
- LotaData’s contribution to Singapore Public Health
- How South Korea turned an urban planning system into a virus tracking database
- Police deploy autonomous robots in dormitory to patrol, ensure safe distancing