On April 25-26th in Naypyitaw, the ICEM team led a workshop with staff from the government of Myanmar’s Irrigation and Water Utilisation Management Department (IWUMD). This workshop aimed to build capacity in spatial analysis and application of the spatial mapping software ArcGIS. The workshop guided participants to apply these skills to geological mapping, groundwater management and irrigation management via a series of practical, participatory exercises.The increase in spatial mapping and analysis capacity will allow the Groundwater Division to better understand and update the maps from the CDZ review. This will aid the Government of Myanmar in developing and improving integrated water management in the Central Dry Zone.
- Innovation challenge to design device to better detect wearer’s location
- The National Mapping and Resource Information Authority (NAMRIA) mapped the extent of flooding in areas affected by Typhoon Ulysses (Vamco) particularly in Cagayan Valley and Metro Manila in November 2020
- The National Mapping and Resource Information Authority (NAMRIA), in collaboration with the Department of Health (DOH) launched the COVID-19 Map App
- Unlocking the Value of Singapore’s Geospatial Ecosystem
- CEO of Esri Indonesia: RI has the Potential to Lead Geospatial Technology in ASEAN