According to a recently released report by the World Bank – using geospatial information and road network analysis tools – the organisation found that almost one-third of people in the rural zones lose complete access to critical facilities during a flood on monsoon seasons. In response, the World Bank has announced a new digital mapping tool that creates data-driven analytics and geospatial mapping to provide decision-makers with evidence-based information for new road investment prioritisation.
- ASEAN Geospatial Challenge 2021 Winners
- Geo Connect Asia 2021: Opening Address by Dr Vivian Balakrishnan
- Workshop: “Using EU Space Data for Emergency & Maritime Applications in ASEAN”
- Innovation challenge to design device to better detect wearer’s location
- The National Mapping and Resource Information Authority (NAMRIA) mapped the extent of flooding in areas affected by Typhoon Ulysses (Vamco) particularly in Cagayan Valley and Metro Manila in November 2020